Cleanse and Glow
100% Raw and Freshly Pressed Juices
Musa Bin Nusair Street
8.30am – 11.30am
Cleanse and Glow is a Riyadh based juice cleanse company. They offer 100% RAW and Freshly Pressed juices. I’ve been following them for a while on Instagram and I was super excited wait for them to open their first store in Riyadh.
As part of their opening, I had the opportunity to sample a one day cleanse. With my husband’s birthday and summer around the corner, there’s no time like the present to start a cleanse program. There are 6 juices for the one-day cleanse. You’re supposed to drink one juice every 2-3 hours, and you can drink green tea or water throughout the day when/if you need it.
To prepare for the cleanse, three days beforehand, I started to reduce my intake of foods cooked with oil, spices and reduced my salt intake. While there’s nothing wrong with foods cooked in this way, eliminating and reducing these foods will reduce some of the detox symptoms. I don’t drink coffee, but if you, try to reduce your intake of coffee beforehand too.
I decide to cleanse on a Thursday. On the day of your cleanse, you pick up your fresh juices from the store. The store is open from 8am-11.30am. You can read about my experience with the cleanse below. But before that, I want to talk about why I like Cleanse and Glow.
Reasons why I like Cleanse and Glow
1) The employees are extremely helpful and passionate – I’ve been talking with Sara of Cleanse and Glow, and we’re on the same wavelength. I’m so happy to have met another person who wants to introduce more healthy habits to people in Riyadh and KSA.
2) The juices are raw and freshly pressed – When you order from Cleanse and Glow, all you get are freshly pressed juices. No preservatives, no flavourings and no pasteurization!
3) They taste good – All the juices are mild and pleasant. Hate spinach? When mixed with the other ingredients, you can’t taste any spinach. Love drinking cocoa before bed? Ditch the hormone filled dairy, and try the Smooth as Almonds instead.
4) I can trust Cleanse and Glow – Trust is very important to me. If I can’t speak to a human at the other end that believes in their product, I won’t buy it, no matter how many labels it is endorsed with. I’ve asked Cleanse and Glow many questions about their product, and their responses are all satisfactory.
How to order a cleanse from Cleanse and Glow
1) Choose how many days you want to cleanse for. It’s best to cleanse on days that are relatively stress free and are relaxing. Cleanses are available for 1, 3 or 5 days. For maximum support, cleanse with a group of your friends.
2) Select the first day of your cleanse. You can call or do this online here. It’s best to book ahead of time to ensure you get the dates you prefer.
3) In the morning, head to the Cleanse and Glow store to collect your juices.
4) Store your juices in the fridge.
5) Cleanse and relax! Don’t forget body scrubs, dry brushing and Ayuverdic oil massages throughout the cleansing process can also help eliminate toxins.
My Cleanse and Glow Experience
12pm –The Green Giant is the first juice of the day. This juice is a mix of cucumber, celery, apple, pineapple, avocado, spinach, lemon, ginger and mint. Now, normally juices are either too sweet, too sour, or leave an unpleasant aftertaste in your mouth. The Green Giant had the perfect balance that left a very neutral aftertaste in your mouth.
2pm – The second juice is the “Water Melondade.” As the name gives you a hint, this is watermelon juice with lemon. In all honestly, I really don’t like watermelon juice. However, the lemon in this juice undercuts the sweetness. I drank this slowly over 2 hours to not have a sudden sugar crash. At this point, I had to go to the office. I dislike going to the office, and if I go there, I end up playing hide and seek/treasure hunting with the team. With over 20 floors to choose to hide in, you can never run out of space! Never lose your childhood sense of fun and curiosity!
4pm – The Beet Box is the third juice of the day, made from apple, beetroot, carrots, ginger and lemon. As I knew my husband and I were going out during the middle of the day, I carried this juice with me in a cooler bag filled with ice to keep it fresh.
6pm – Typically in a juice cleanse, this is when your energy begins to falter. Spicy Lemon–Aid, made from lemon, raw agave, cayenne pepper and water comes to the rescue. The cayenne pepper provides enough of a kick to keep you going! This was my second favorite juice out of the all the juices.
8.30pm – Fresh Coconut Water is just fresh coconut water, bursting with electrolytes and ready to rehydrate you. I love coconut water! It conjures up images of beaches, happiness, sun and friends. Even before you could buy bottled coconut water, my friends and I would go to Chinatown to buy the fresh Thai coconuts in London. Cleanse and Glow’s coconut water makes me feel so nostalgic. The coconut water was just perfect after a quick shopping session. I spent the evening at Centria Mall putting the final touches to a dress for my husband’s party.
10.30pm – Smooth as Almond was the drink I was looking forward to most. Almonds, Dates, Water, Vanilla and Raw Cacao are blended to perfection to provide a relaxing evening drink. I poured the drink into a glass and placed the glass in a bowl of hot water so the drink would be slightly warm. I also added a ½ teaspoon of Maca powder to this. Suffice to say, this was my favorite drink out of all the drinks. I did some evening yoga, a body scrub, breathing exercises, and then went to bed at 1am.
For any questions on Cleanse and Glow, head to their website where they have more information about their cleanses and juices. Enjoy your cleanse!