If GMOs are new to you, I would recommend watching the “Seeds of Death” documentary above to help you find out about GMOs and the detrimental effects they cause to humans and the environment. I also hope to post a whole list of other documentaries on GMOs (both pro and con) that you can watch next month.
The top 10 GMO products to be aware of are the following –
- Corn – Monsanto’s GMO corn has been tied to numerous health issues, including weight gain and organ disruption.
- Soy – only buy organic fermented soy products (Unfermented soy dangers)
- Papayas – avoid papayas grown in Hawaii as they are GMO papayas
- Cotton – Unless labeled otherwise, cotton grown in India and China is GMO cotton
- Dairy – Your dairy products may contain growth hormones, since as many as one-fifth of all dairy cows in America are pumped with these hormones. In fact, Monasnto’s health-hazardous rBGH has been banned in 27 countries. If you must drink milk, buy organic. (Currently there are no laws banning rBGH in KSA)
- Yellow Squash and 10. Zucchini (Source)
ALSO high-risk: animal products (milk, meat, eggs, honey, etc.) because of contamination in feed. American wheat products should also be avoided, unless they are certified organic or use an heirloom variety of wheat.
Common Ingredients Derived from GMO Risk Crops Amino Acids, Aspartame, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Ascorbate, Vitamin C, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Ethanol, Flavorings (“natural” and “artificial”), High-Fructose Corn Syrup, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Lactic Acid, Maltodextrins, Molasses, Monosodium Glutamate, Sucrose, Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP), Xanthan Gum, Vitamins, Yeast Products. (Source)
A trip to your local supermarket will show you just how common these ingredients are. These products and ingredients can cause havoc in your body. At the very least, avoid aspartame, high fructose corn syrup, flavorings and sucrose.