Greetings everyone! Today I need your help. Do you know anyone who is currently looking for a job? I’m on the hunt for a new PA/Secretary in Riyadh.
My dearest secretary is retiring. Although initially hired as a bodyguard, his awesome energy made us turn him into a secretary. When he walks into a room, he commands attention with his presence. When he speaks, I’ve witnessed men quiver as they fall over themselves trying to fulfill his request. He never takes no for an answer! He can out argue and out wait everyone. He is literally fearless! And the funny stories he shares – it’s like a one-man theatre show with everything nearby becoming a prop. But most importantly, he is loyal. Several attempts were made to poach him but he was still happy to work here!
I’m going to be honest – I will really miss having him around. He is an asset to Saudi Arabia, and will truly be missed in Riyadh. When his retirement was announced, you’d think the office had turned into a flower or chocolate store! On that day, he had more visitors than everyone else in the building combined. I find it exhausting meeting people (I’m shy), but this 70 year old received and thanked all the people who came to see him. In fact, he still had enough energy afterwards to deal with a 5-hour dinner. I salute you, Captain!
Anyhoo, let’s move on to what my requirements are. If you meet the requirements below, please feel free to send me your CV with a short covering letter.
Closing date – 30th October 2014.
Email: email@example.com with RUH/SEC in subject line.
- Legal resident of Riyadh, KSA
- Must be fluent in Arabic and English (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
- Previous experience in a PA/secretarial role (not so important, but must be a quick learner)
- Must have experience dealing with a wide range of people in a polite and respectful manner
- Willing to travel within KSA/GCC when required
- Will be required to carry out occasional admin work and write reports/presentations where necessary.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Good sense of humour, loyal and trustworthy
- Must show initiative and be a problem solver
- It would be an advantage if you are vegan/vegetarian, or lead a healthy lifestyle
Due to the nature of work, it would be preferable for male candidates to apply. Salary dependent on experience.
Looking forward to hearing from you all!